Snowmobile West Yellowstone
Explore hundreds of miles of groomed snowmobile trails across Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming from a base camp at the Kelly Inn West Yellowstone. With a wide range of trails like steady beginner cruises up to steep and deep powder for the experienced riders there's something for everyone in the region.
Get in touch with one of the experienced guides listed below and begin planning your West Yellowstone snowmobiling adventure today. Be sure to book your room and your snowmobile tour well ahead of your travel dates to ensure availability - especially during holiday weeks or other busy times.
GUIDED SNOWMOBILE TOURS & SNOWMOBILE RENTALS
- Backcountry Adventures | 800-924-7669. Guided park tours, outer trail riding and mountain sledding with Arctic Cat or Polaris brand snowmobiles
- Yellowstone Adventures | 800-231-5991. Guided park tours, outer trail riding and mountain sledding Ski Doo brand snowmobiles
- Yellowstone Vacation Tours | 800-426-7669
- Check out SnowTracks.com for Trail conditions in Yellowstone National Park and for the groomed trails in the West Yellowstone area.
- Get a feel for the trails next to West Yellowstone in Gallatin & Targhee national forest at the Destination Yellowstone website
- The roads from the West Gate into Yellowstone National Park close for all wheeled traffic early in November every year to prepare as trails for winter use. They normally reopen for guided over the snow vehicles only from mid December through mid March when they again close to prepare the roads for summer use.
THE YELLOWSTONE EXPERIENCE
What makes West Yellowstone so appealing is that regardless of whether you decide to just trail ride or explore the off trail possibilities - or both - it can be as mild or wild as you like. As you get more confident (daring?) you can choose the terrain that best challenges you. There's something for every kind of riding skill.
The elevation of the trial system ranges from 6,666 -10,000 with snowfall averaging 143 inches a year. The town is surrounded by mountains, some of which top out at more than 10,000 feet. it is not hard to pick out Lionhead (elevation 9,574 feet) Horse Butte (7,077) or Two Top Mountain (8,710) from the streets of town.